Monday, May 15, 2006

I've been editing my novel, The Cab Driving Terrier, and this made me
laugh:


Spellman was busy keeping the plates spinning at great speeds. So
busy that he completely forgot how bored I could get. I was turning purple
with boredom.

Fucking purple!

I was so bored that I was ready to kill my self. Instead, I put on a large,
purple tunic and just danced around like a complete jackass. I was about
to
put on a purple bowtie and leap into the air when I actually realized
what I was doing, and knew what I also needed: ¡a big purple sombrero
and
matching purple pantyhose!

This was so symbolic and so brilliant... of what and why, I don't know.
But think about it: me dancing around in purple tights and purple tunic
and purple cap, in front of a giant, evil, plate-spinning jackass. It was
extra donkey meat for everyone, that's what it was. No strange forms
to fill out or extraterrestrial territories to explore. Just donkey meat.
For everyone.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger